Thursday, May 7, 2009

You either get busy living, or you get busy dying...

...it surely seems that we are put to the test in the current economic condition, doesn't it? It seems to be an invitation to rethink our system of beliefs, to adjust the way we "perceive" the world, and to shed an outgrown pattern of how we go about living with the conditions that surround us. I mean, really, what else are we going to do? After all, this is what's happening right now, you can't change it. We either accept it and keep moving forward by re-inventing and re-thinking ourselves, or we can continue dwelling about the past. Or as expressed in the title, "you either get busy living, or you get busy dieing". I think I prefer living ;-)

Lot's of people are openly sharing their experience of being unemployed right now, as it is no longer something to be ashamed off. The times of embarrassment are over as too many people were hit by it. Some have experienced unemployment before, for others it is the first time in 20 years. Some people are totally lost and destroyed over it, others look at it as an opportunity to go after what they always wanted to do...something that offers passion and joy and maybe even makes a difference, something that goes beyond a paycheck earned behind the walls of a "corporate cubicle". Maybe, Life even did you a favor - how many times have you looked out of the office window, given you had an office window :-), and pondered what else life might have in store for you?

So, get busy living, but stay true and authentic to yourself, directing your attention to the goals that hold the greatest potential for who you are. Create what you always wanted to do, one step at a time.....what's holding you back?

SwissMiss

3 comments:

  1. I'm not Swiss, but I know the Miss...wait a minute..I love chocolate, bread, cheese and I'm a banker...why am I not Swiss?....maybe because I was laid off...bingo...blessing...what a treat..and not because I couldn't stand my job....I loved it, the best 6 years of my life..you just don't stop in the middle of having a great time and think "is there anything else I'd like to do?"...well, I have no choice now, I have to think about things or "thingies" that I'd love to be doing....more later...have to run and get ready for the thing I like to do...salsa...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, lucky you! Dance one for me? I'm still resting for my back to recover :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, was laid off after 14 years of loyal (albeit disgruntled) service. The company did give me a very generous severance pkg and still contributed to my 401k - so, really, the only reason I was still there after soooooo many years was the paycheck. At the end of the day I did not make the world a better place for working there and cursing my boss all day long. I did have a {distant} window to gaze out of if I stretched my neck hard enough...lol. But, it really was the best thing that could have happen to me. I am not stuck indoors, I do what I want, when I want and it is a wonder I lasted so long being caged. This is the PERFECT time to think outside your comfort zone, do what you have always said you wanted to do and go for it!! Life only gives you what you can handle.

    So I ask you, what's bigger, your dreams or your excuses?

    ReplyDelete